The school year and 2017 scholarship season is well underway! During this busy time of year, it’s important to keep our deadlines in mind. While the weather and life may be unpredictable, our deadlines are not. We will not accept any late submissions regardless of weather, school closings, technical difficulties, or any other issue.
- Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time is the deadline for schools to nominate a student for our scholarship program. Keep in mind that the sooner a school nominates a student, the more time the student has to complete their application. We encourage schools to nominate students as soon as possible.
- Friday, January 6, 2017 at 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time is the deadline for students (both new students and previous scholars applying for recognition) to complete their online application including report card. New applicants will need to make sure their teacher recommendation is submitted by this deadline. This is also the postmark deadline for any student completing the hard copy application.
- Friday, January 13, 2017 at 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time is the deadline for principal verification. On or around January 10, 2017, an email will be sent to the school principal asking him or her to review the application, and verify that the materials are correct and that that student truly is the school’s nominee. Previous scholars applying for recognition still need principal verification for their application to be considered complete.
- All applicants will be notified of the status of their application – either winner or non-winner – via regular mail in March 2017.
We receive a lot of inquiries during the scholarship season. In an effort to minimize calls to the CSF office, please visit these pages on our website to find the answers to frequently asked questions.
- GPA Calculation Rules and Policies: https://carsonscholars.org/gpa-calculation-rules-and-policies/ (Be sure to click on the link within the page to download the full version)
- Essay questions: https://carsonscholars.org/nomination-tips-and-essay-questions/
- Information for Educators: https://carsonscholars.org/scholarships/educators/
- Overall Process (including teacher recommendation requirements): https://carsonscholars.org/overall-process/
- Information for Carson Scholars applying for Previous Scholar Recognition: https://carsonscholars.org/scholarships/current-scholars/
- Previous Scholar Recognition Application: Email Kaylee at firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name and date of birth
- Videos explaining online application and teacher recommendations: https://carsonscholars.org/application-videos/
If you have additional questions you can email Katie at email@example.com or call 410.828.1005 to speak with a CSF staff member.