Applications for 2013 New and Previous scholars are due this Friday, January 11th, 2013. If you are completing the online application, the student application and teacher recommendation must both be submitted by 5:00 p.m. EST. If you are completing the hard copy application, it must be postmarked by January 11th.
Here are a few helpful hints and tips. As you can imagine, our office is very busy answering questions via phone and email. Please try these trouble-shooting tips first before calling us:
- The online application will close at 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday. This is a firm deadline.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email confirming this.
- If you click “submit” and the application keeps you on the “review” page, you have not submitted your application. Please correct any error messages and/or fill in any missing information.
- If you are getting a message that an email address is not in the correct format, delete any spaces that you have entered after the email address.
- As long as your entire essay fits in the space provided, don’t worry if the word count looks higher than you expected. Some formatting might also be lost; this is to be expected. (Make sure your paragraphs are clearly separated. Use line breaks if needed.)
- If you are having trouble uploading your picture, try sending it to email@example.com.
- Remember that we only want a current year report card.
- The student must initiate the online recommendation. To do this, the student should go to the main menu of the application and then click on “add or edit recommendation request”. Enter the teacher’s name and email address, and then the teacher will get an email with instructions for uploading the recommendation.
- Students: if you want to check on the status of a recommendation request, please go back to the “add or edit recommendation request” section and you can view the status.
- Only one recommendation is required. Up to three are allowed. No “extra credit” is given for having multiple recommendations.
- Teachers: if your student has sent the email and you don’t see it, please check your junk/spam mail folder. Also, make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled. Finally, once you select the file, click the green “upload” button right away, even if you still see the word “pending”.
- Principal verification emails will be sent in a few batches, any time between Thursday, January 10th and Monday, January 14th.
- Regardless of when the principal verification email is sent, it must be completed by 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, January 18th, 2013.
- Principal verification must be completed for new applicants and previous scholars applying for recognition. For this reason, it is very possible that a principal will have to complete the verification process for multiple students.