The Carson Scholars Fund awards $1,000 college scholarships to students in grades 4-11 who excel academically and are dedicated to serving their communities. Students must attend an accredited K-12 school in the United States.
An interested student must be nominated by his/her school to be able to compete for a Carson Scholarship. It is up to a school how to determine its nominee. The minimum requirements are a 3.75 GPA and involvement in community service. In general, a school is only allowed to nominate one student. To learn more about how we calculate GPAs, review our GPA Calculations Rules and Policies.
If you would like your school to receive an application, please have a school official (teacher, counselor, or principal) contact the Carson Scholars Fund. The school official should complete our Application Request Form. Requests from individual students, parents, or other community members cannot be accepted.
2014 Scholarship Season
Principals and educators will receive an email in mid-October with instructions on how to nominate a student to compete for our scholarship program. If you have been chosen by your school as the Carson Scholar nominee, please keep these dates in mind:
- Friday, January 10, 2014 – Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time on January 10, 2014. Teacher recommendation and report card must also be submitted by this deadline.
- Friday, January 17, 2014 – Applications are not considered complete until the principal at your school has verified your application. Principals will receive an email with instructions on how to verify your application after the application deadline (January 10, 2014) and will have until 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time on January 17, 2014 to do so. Please make sure your principal is aware of this requirement.
To help with the online application process we will be holding a series of webinars that will cover all of the components of completing a successful CSF application. Recommended participants include students/their parents who have already been nominated by their school and/or school officials who have already nominated a student and want to be able to assist their student. The dates for our application-focused webinars are listed below. Please check back for more details when they become available.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday, December 14, 2013 at 10:00 a.m.
If you have any questions about the online application or the scholarship program, please call 410.828.1005 or email email@example.com.